# THROW ANOTHER ROCK
Let us throw rocks at them and laugh~Qiyana
Ancient Hourglass looks amazing
I like how its literally Zhonya.
"you can afford"
Yea, gives you a lot of control over what you pull if you want a cheap landmark.
Zilean sure looks a lot different than his LoL counterpart. Maybe it's the lack of clock?
lack of ~~clock~~ cock
Hibernating rockbear kinda scary ngl
i really dont think it is to crazy as an stand alone card that being said that card at 3 with the spell that duplicates its efect into taliyah duplication turn 5 gives you 4 of thoose things wich is kinda fun if you hadnt used 4 turns to set that up
Desert Naturalist is INSANE. Most good landmark removal is 3 or 4 mana, but this also has a 2/4 body attached, and you can use it to turn your crappy low-cost landmarks into a huge body in matchups where landmark removal doesn't matter.
Well I guess it is only fair that the region with the biggest focus on landmarks is also the region that has the best removal tools for it.
So in a Shurima vs Shurima scenario no one can complain that the other player has easy access to landmark removals.
Damn Zilean is looking odd today
Thats a lot of landmarks in shurima
Considering they have a champ that needs them to level up I'd say it's warranted
Grumpy Rockbear is my new spirit animal.
I am ready for landmark tribal
Very cool idea, I am a bit worried because it's a gameplan that's very difficult to interact with. But none of these landmarks seem as powerful as starsprings, so it'll hopefully be fine.
Another Scout that doesn't have Scout, but they kept the name this time lol
Obliterate all Landmarks (It That Stares) will be very strong against Taliyah, then.
Depends, a lot of these landmarks are very cheap and expendable while It That Stares costs 8 mana. Very often it will only come to the party a little bit too late, although it will do work when it does.
This expansion is everything i wanted the game to have,this is beautiful.
Interesting. Taliyah instead of Zilean - but there seems to be a bit of overlap between their associated cards (assuming Predict is associated with Zilean).
I wonder if this means that we do not get Zilean at all this set.
Maybe like zoe? Where some of her followers got released before her.
Well. Not gonna lie I could not PREDICT this. 😳
Taliyah be like: Yo dawg I heard you like Landmarks, so I summon a Landmark in this Landmark so you can Landmark while you Landmark.
Gotta get that Triamid synergy
All Hail Heavencraft
Now where is the Aegis?
Our banner should just be an extreme closeup of Grumpy Rockbear’s face
They messed with the eyebrows. NO ONE messes with the eyebrows.
This looks like a lot of fun. I like the idea of spamming loads of cheap landmarks.
The versatility of Desert Naturalist will really hamper all those Targon decks using Veiled Temple.
And dear lord, I absolutely love the Ancient Hourglas. Looks like Landmark removal will become more important than ever before, just to deal with this card.
We all got mega jebaited. Well played Riot, well played.
Taliyah's play has synergy with Promising Future given the "exact copy" wording, although I'd still like to see a target other than salt spire for me to be convinced in the cards viability (Promising Future that is)
edit: hourglass is also a target depending on how valuable the unit in stasis is
Roiling sands should give the deck some interesting options
Ancient Hourglass is just cool fucking design. Very neat content space.
I don't play Taliyah but it seems like they captured her pretty damn well
Still salty about getting baited about Zilean but overall very excited about these new cards.
promising future on hourglass, easy
We were bamboozled! But in all seriousness, a landmarks matter champion is pretty cool. I think ancient hour glass can be pretty good anti-removal tech. I think I'm definitely excited to build around Taliyah.
It might just be the legacy lands player in me talking, but Taliyah is more perfect than I'd dared hope she'd be.
You know, I figured it was a pipe dream, but I was hoping she would have a form of recall synergy. Just fucking yeet your enemies back into the hand.
Poppy: Excuse me?
A bit niche but I’m still super excited to try her out, hopefully other regions also get a lot of new landmarks so we get more diverse options. Also rip Yasuo synergy (unless Ionia suddenly gets like a stun landmark or something)
You thought it was Zilean, but it was I, Taliyah
Board space is a resource now more than ever. Nice new dimension.
What happened with the voice actress?
IKR, especially weird because the LoL VA is Zoe in both games and so she would've done Zoe within like 6 months of when they recorded Taliyah
Something to research: How do "exact copy" and champions that level on the field (I've seen you do X/I've did X) interact? Does the exact copy also have the exact same counter?
MY GIRL!!! Was not expecting this today, but as a one trick Taliyah main in LoL since her release, I AM FUCKING HYPED!!!
What do u think of the VO change? I love her LOL voice actress much prefer it to this one
Sad they removed her thick brows
And is it just me or is she looking lighter skinned?
I bet mogwai will mention undying in his video today
An I crazy to think Ancient Hourglass is crazy good comparing to Bastion or Deny? It's basically a catch-all save spell against combat, destruction/obliteration and skills?
That asides, Havencraft vibes is getting stronger by the day. Countdown to summon minions too...
> An I crazy to think Ancient Hourglass is crazy good comparing to Bastion or Deny? It's basically a catch-all save spell against combat, destruction/obliteration and skills?
It takes an entire turn to get the champion back, not to mention that it removes them from combat as well if if you don't want that.
never have i seen zilean to be this weird
Taliyah not having Overwhelm is so odd. Maybe they had MF PTSD or decided shes strong enough without it, but any unit that kills another unit upon attack and then proceeds to do nothing is kinda ouf.
Also 5mana 2/4 big oof.
Still gonna play the shit out of her.
It's a global trigger like Fizz or Lee Sin, she can hit the board already levelled.
I'm really liking all the landmarks that are destroyed after being triggered. I guess we already had that with Slaughter Docks, but it feels less polarizing than permanent ones.
Who could've **predicted** this?
someone predicted and put Taliyah on top.
Relationship ended with SI Anivia, now Stasis Taliyah is my best friend.
WE'VE BEEN DUPED, BAMBOOZLED
Glad this throws out everyones theory that Taliyah is the Champion expansion after the set. Now it can be any Shurima champ, maybe even Xerath?
So in the end my idea of creating an army of Zyleans is posible.
EDIT:Also Powercreeped radiant strike prepare your buff ideas for the card.\\s
EDIT2:\\s aded just in case
its not powercreep when the original card did not see play
Yo dawg Zilean's looking weird, but I love how they changed his model completely different from LoL and wow they also removed the clock:))) what a pleasant surprise:)))
So basically Taliyah is rock Anivia, and instead of egg, it's statue. That's very solid.
Ok, ok. I know who I'm talking her up with already! Dude Taliyah and her people are so rad
Taliyah Targon incoming.
I love Havencraft in Shadowverse so this aspect of Shurima rocks. Really want to see more countdown landmarks though.
Ummm...Zilean looks a lot younger in LoR
First impressions before talking to other Masters players:
* Taliyah - Really need to see more synergy cards to judge her. So far though, this level up condition looks pretty hard, and you need a 6th landmark to be effective. She's a **5 mana 2/4**. But if she does get that level up, it's a bit similar to MF I guess? But I feel like this late in the game you don't really care that much about the board.
EDIT: Well, this set she has a lot of landmarks. Like, a lot. She can actually level by turn 5 which is kind of disgusting. Her offensive potential on turn 5 while leveled is so insane. If you combine her with challenger/vulnerable she could win you the game MF style.
* Stoneweaving: The landmarks we have right now kinda suck. It's a 1 mana draw 1 except there's a high chance you draw something useless like University of Piltover. Need to see more landmark synergy + more good landmarks.
* Shaped Stone: As always, attack buffs don't mean that much unless the deck has elusives or Overwhelm. But honestly even a 1 mana +1/+1 isn't.. *terrible*. I think this card is definitely playable in like a midrangy Taliyah deck.
* Ancient Hourglass: This looks kind of nuts. Protect and then summon an **exact copy**. btw this should work with things like They Who Endure where it gets double attack right? Or Wraithcaller double summoning Mist Wraiths? Could have a lot of synergy with summon effects but also looks like a great card just by itself.
* Rolling Sands: Not main deckable? I mean makes since, 2 mana for this card isn't worth it at all in my opinion.
* Rock Hopper: 3/1 isn't a terrible statline, it can be used as a blocker. I think it's an autoinclude in landmark decks just because you get both a landmark and a unit at the same time. Also, high attack/low defense is nice if you have challenger/vulnerable.
* Unraveled Earth: I think this is an auto 3x in landmark decks. I might have to change my opinion on Taliyah because of this card, this makes it super easy to level her. The draw 1 is what really takes the cake here.
**EDIT:** To be clear, I'm not sure if Rock Hopper or Unraveled Earth is good, but I'm saying that if the landmark decks become meta, these two seem like the best support cards for it. If it's lacking anything, I think it's the payoff (Taliyah) that is lacking rather than the support cards.
* Sai Scout: I really need to see Predict in game to feel how strong it is. It doesn't seem that good. A 3 mana 2/4 elusive is good but nothing exceptional I think.
* Desert Naturalist: This is an insane tempo play. But it also has the flexibility of being landmark removal. I think this card could be really good if the other landmark cards like Unraveled Earth are meta. (since these landmarks aren't that good so you're okay with sacrificing them)
* Hibernating Rockbear: Pretty mediocre. Need to see more countdown synergy. It's a 5/4 on turn 5. One synergy that I think is interesting though is Trifarian Assessor, maybe you can spam these and get insane draw like Ashe Noxus.
* Salt Spire: This is bad I'm pretty sure. 7/6 on turn 6 is a Wildclaw except **it doesn't have Overwhelm**. Having 7 vs having 5 attack literally doesn't matter. Against aggro decks it's too slow, against control decks they just chump block it.
I'm not too sure that Hibernating Rockbear is too terrible. Yes, it's a 5/4 on turn 5, but one that leaves you with all your mana available that turn, which can lead to a large tempo swing. You're essentially paying 2 mana early to get a tempo turn later, it's similar to banking 2 spell mana so that you can plan ahead for next turn.
Dormant was a similar mechanic in Hearthstone that was initially deemed not great, but turned out to be fairly strong in a few cases. I'm not saying that it will be the best mechanic/card, but it's worth exploring.
I would definitely agree that Desert Naturalist looks insane. If the deck it's in becomes popular, it's going to hit other landmark decks (like Star Spring) incredibly hard, whilst also not being that bad when there is no opposing landmarks.
This is strange. Taliyah dont look like taliyah
Another tribe synergy champion. At least this one has unique combos with each region...
Taliyah looks like that scouts lady from emperors new groove 2.
Unraveled Earth looks really good since it's also a cantrip so you never lose value.
Burst even means you can play a unit after it, but then you're telegraphing what you have so you might just burst play this and pass instead to see what vulnerable units they would have.
Also, it's becoming clear that landmark removal in this game in the current state is basically useless outside of maybe Scorched Earth.
Stoneweaving is also super interesting because of the "you can afford language." Does that mean you can control getting Howling Abyss? That would be crazy in a control type deck.
Technically yes, but the problem is (at least how I read it) is that the more mana you have, the more options become available. This makes fishing for a particular high cost landmark difficult.
Set in the League of Legends universe, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game created by Riot Games where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success.